The Growth Stock Pickers Club was created to share member research using the CANSLIM Investment Research Tool. The club’s goals are to work together in teams to create and monitor an index of selected stocks; foster sound investment strategies; and provide a forum for new and experienced stock pickers interested in this style of investing. No funds will be pooled for the purchase of stocks.
Membership is restricted to residents of The Villages (FL) who are:
- interested in buying and selling stocks in their personal brokerage accounts;
- able to access the internet from a home computer;
- interested in learning or sharing knowledge about CANSLIM: the Investor’s Business Daily (IBD) newspaper’s checklist for stock selection based on the book, How to Make Money in Stocks (4th ed.) by William O’Neil;
- willing to purchase a paper or digital subscription to IBD’s newspaper;
- able to spend a few hours a week doing research on markets, industries and stocks;
- willing to share research findings with other members; and
- prepared to contribute to the club.
There are a number of reasons that Rob Paluszak uses CANSLIM and has created a club designed specifically to use that investment strategy, including:
- A number of reputable resources have confirmed its results (e.g., AAII).
- It’s a thorough but still not overly complicated investment strategy.
- A number of readily available resources exist to help people learn this strategy, including IBD’s website, books and workshops.
- It has solid buy and sell rules where some strategies only offer buy rules.
- It combines both technical and fundamental analysis.
- It does not require sitting in front of a trading screen all day.
- Base patterns are looked at using a weekly instead of a daily price graph.
Unusual as it may be to highlight what a club is NOT about, in this case it is important that prospective members know that the Growth Stock Pickers Club is not designed to be a total solution for those investing in stocks. The club will NOT be researching or discussing the topics listed below:
- Day trading or momentum investing.
- Purely technical analysis and trading of stocks.
- Purely fundamental analysis and trading of stocks.
- Becoming an investment club with the pooling of funds.
- Mutual fund or ETF analysis.
- Analysis of commodities.
- Options trading.
- Helping members with their financial planning needs.
- Value or Income investing.
EVERY WEDNESDAY 9:00 AM - 10:50 AM, TEA ROOM COLONY COTTAGE RECREATION CENTER (Corner of CR 466A and Morse Blvd.)
- March 4, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- March 11, 2021
- March 16, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- March 18, 2021
Growth Stock Pickers has an annual dues of $25.00, collected during the January renewal cycle.
All prospective members are encouraged to attend a couple of meetings before joining. If this is the right time for you, click the link below to print the application form to bring to a meeting.
Click book for Amazon product page: